Afternoon, and Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
The boy and I celebrated early yesterday with enchiladas for dinner. They were fabulous! No margaritas for me this year- last week’s H&M free-wine-fest has me avoiding too much alcohol for the next little while. But if you do partake, drink one for me- they’re delicious!
Anywho, I have a loooong overdue recipe for you today. I made this oh, maybe three or four weeks ago? It’s simple, vegan and totally satisfying- I can’t believe I haven’t made it since!! It does require you to make my Artichoke White Bean Hummus, but you were going to make that anyways, weren’t you? Or if you weren’t, you should! This stuff is so addicting. I made some last week as a spread for my new fave sammie, and Nick got angry when he saw I had made it and not told him! I was sure to make some this week for him so he could have some I have made this four times so far and it never fails to disappear out of the fridge in less than a week. SO onto my easy peasy recipe.
Vegan Sundried Tomato Flatbread
1 whole wheat pizza crust, home made or store bought (I love Jenna’s version!)
Olive oil, dried basil, oregano, parsley and garlic clove to taste
~1/2 cup Artichoke White Bean Hummus
handful sundried tomatoes, cut in half
handful fresh basil, chopped or left whole
extra olive oil as needed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make dough, and let rise halfway, or about 15-20 minutes in a warm place.
2. Roll onto a floured surface to fit a medium sized (around 9’13″) baking sheet. Place on sprayed baking sheet.
3. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle spices and either rub with garlic or chop coarsely to cover dough.
4. Spread with a generous amount of hummus.
5. Top with sundried tomatoes and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Try to contain yourself while you let it cool and slice into squares.
Truth be told, I really didn’t measure anything!
I just threw a big slather of hummus, a handful or so of tomatoes, same with the basil, drizzled with EVOO and that was it!
Super easy, but super delicious.
Question: So how is your week going?? It is my LAST week of basic, and W/Th/F are final days! aahh! I am super nervous, but trying to keep things under control
Have a great hump-day/cinco de mayo!