Since it’s Thanksgiving here in the States, I wanted to take the time to thank all of YOU for giving me your time every day- reading my posts, commenting and being the best readers I could ask for. As my gift to you, I will give you my favorite pumpkin pie smoothie recipe that is perfect for those bits of leftover pumpkin, sweet potato or squash after thanksgiving is all said and done.
I know there are a million pumpkin smoothies out there- this one is my favorite. You can use butternut squash, sweet potato or any other sweet squash you prefer in place of the pumpkin- it will be just as good.
Thanksgiving leftovers pie smoothie
1 banana, frozen
½ cup pumpkin(or squash) puree
½ cup goat or sheep’s milk yogurt
2 tbsp pecans, chopped
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp cinnamon
stevia, to taste
1/2-1 cup almond milk (depending on desired thickness)
Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Add ice to reach desired consistency and serve. I like to eat mine in a bowl, topped with some more chopped pecans.
Let’s play a quick game before I go and finish prepping the turkey, whipping up my favorite Brussels sprouts and put the topping on the cake.
I am thankful for:
- being with my family on thanksgiving
- the abundance of delicious, healthy food that will be on our table
- my amazing husband
- my babies- my two rambunctious kittens. can’t say i’m not also thankful for a few days break from their antics!
- gaining back my health this year- and working on keeping it this way
- my career, owning my own business and loving it
- all of my friends, near and far
- the blogging community
- being happy, healthy and safe in my life, and knowing i am lucky for it.
What are you thankful for?